Organic Slippery Elm Tea is made from the inner bark of the Slippery Elm tree, a forest tree species typically found in eastern North America. The tree, which is also known as Red Elm, Soft Elm and Indian Elm, gets its name from the gummy substance that oozes from the tough and fibrous inner bark that is collected in the spring from large branches and then dried. Slippery Elm bark has various traditional medicinal uses that include easing a sore throat and calming an irritated stomach by soothing the digestive tract and aiding in the relief of ulcers, diarrhea, heartburn and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Slippery Elm contains nutrients such as calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, zinc, beta-carotene and vitamins B1, B2, B3 and C. The flavor of this tea is mild and subdued with an aroma that is faintly sweet.
- Soothes sore throats
- Absorbs toxins which can cause intestinal imbalances
- Aids in digestive discomfort such as heartburn and IBS
- Source of magnesium, potassium, calcium and other essential nutrients
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Good for the stomach
Reviewed by Kyra on 7/23/12
- Sweet taste and soothing to my stomach.
Light and sweet
Reviewed by Martin on 5/11/12
- The first thing I noticed was how light and airy, like fine wood shavings , which I assume is the bark. I had a little difficulty brewing it in my tea maker but in an infuser or tea ball it was worked well. The flavor is very light and tastes and smells almost like maple oatmeal. It has a very nice natural sweetness and the finish reminds me of maple. I am going to try your slippery elm white tea next.