Organic Red Rooibos Tea is a naturally caffeine free tea that is low in tannins and known just as much for its delicious flavor as it is for its numerous health benefits. Traditionally, the fine needle-like leaves from the Aspalathus linearis or wild rooibos plant were cut and bundled in the high mountainous regions of South Africa before being oxidized in the sun where they would gain their distinct reddish-brown color. The health benefits of this tea are numerous. The polyphenols in rooibos tea act as an anti inflammatory and because this tea is caffeine free, a cup before bedtime can promote better sleep quality. Rooibos tea is rich in calcium and other minerals that help promote stronger teeth and bones. Additionally this tea can act as a stress reliever for those with nervous tension or hypertensive conditions. People who suffer from kidney stones will be able to enjoy rooibos tea because it is oxalic acid free. The antioxidants in the tea can help boost the body’s immunity levels while the flavonoids Quercetin and luteolinin will assist in blood circulation and aid in fighting cancer.
- Oxalic acid free
- Reduces Food Cravings and Bloating
- Low tannin levels
- Helps relieve stress
- Contains Antioxidants
- Contains Polyphenols
- Promotes Sleep Quality
- Promotes strong bones & teeth
- Aids in the relief of allergy symptoms
- Rich in iron, calcium, potassium, zinc and manganese
- Contains flavonoids for good blood circulation and fighting cancer
Reviewed by Mommy "Rooibos" on 9/14/13
- My 12 year old loves Rooibos! Her eczema disappeared in no time. Allergies improve immediately. My 17 year old says" Mom that Rooibos is doing something for my allergies" My 7 year old asthmatic responds to the antioxidant effects as well. With a little buckwheat honey and lemon everyone enjoys a cup before school in the morning to clear their sinuses and get them ready to face the day!
The Rooibos is one great tea.
Reviewed by Nora on 4/24/13
- A friend introduced me to this tea about two years ago, and I just loved it. The taste reminds me of another herb in my native island of Jamaica. I also introduced it to one of my friend when she visited the state and she also enjoyed the taste. Great tea to have next to the pot.
I love that flavor
Reviewed by Melissa on 10/2/12
- I just finished my 3rd cup of this tea and it finally hit me what it reminds me of. It has a molasses/butterscotchy kind of flavor. I added a little sugar to the last cup and that's when I was sure of what I was tasting. This is absolutely delicious and I can't wait to see what kind of combinations you come up with. I always enjoy your blended teas.