Organic Guayaki Yerba Mate Tea is made from mate, a species of holly native to South America. It is mainly grown and processed in northern Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay and southern Brazil. Cultivators of Yerba Mate are known as yerbateros. Traditionally, mate is consumed with friends who drink from a shared hollow gourd known as a guampa or porongo using a metal straw or bomba. This is a common social practice among people of all ages in Uruguay, the largest consumer of mate. The health benefits of Yerba Mate are many. It contains xanthenes which can boost your metabolic rate and help decrease mental and physical fatigue while aiding in losing unwanted weight. Yerba Mate is an excellent source of magnesium which is proven to ease anxiety as well as antioxidants to boost the immune system and protect against colds and flu.
- Eases Anxiety
- Boosts Metabolism
- Aids in Weight Loss
- Excellent Source of Antioxidants
- Fights Mental & Physical Fatigue
- Significant Source of Magnesium
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Good coffee substitute
Reviewed by Atlanta J. on 10/5/13
- A great alternative to coffee. Once I got used to the taste (am an avid coffee drinker) I was able to cut back on the coffee without feeling tired. I recommend a little sugar or honey.
Great caffeine buzz
Reviewed by Erin on 6/9/13
- Wow! This stuff is potent. Great to get you started in the morning.
Pleasant and strong
Reviewed by Lauren on 9/27/12
- I've been hearing a lot about Yerba Mate these days. This is some tea. It looks innocent, like green tea. But it does pack a punch. The flavor is very pleasant. I like it straight but if you are new to this stuff you might want some sugar or honey. There is a good caffeine level here which makes it a great alternative to coffee.